Sunday, February 17, 2013

Power Ranger Birthday Party

Up until a few weeks ago my 6 year old to be son wanted a Star Wars birthday party. I had so many ideas of what I wanted to do. Then one day he tells me he changed his mind, he now wants a Power Rangers Party. I have to admit I was crushed and tried to convince him how cool a Star Wars party would be. Nothing worked, so Power Rangers it is! This theme was actually pretty difficult to find ideas for. My first decision was that I was going to make his birthday cake myself of a Red Ranger Mask. I have not decorated a cake more then opening up the can of store bought icing and applying to a cake. So basically, off to AC Moore I went to get all my Wilton products (disposable bags, tips, food coloring, etc). Even though we decided to only have a family gathering for his birthday I wanted it to be special.

Food:


My to do list for treats I was making was:

Cake: I did freeze the cake over night and with a knife etched by hand the mask markings and outlined them with the white buttercream icing. after the cake thawed out more I did the red (#18) (as red as I could get it) then the black.
Butter cream icing
Shortbread cookies (using ninja cookie cutter)
Royal Icing
Cupcakes

Each of these things I colored to be the colors of the Power Rangers. My fingers by the end of the night looked like the crayola factory!
Side Note: As I said this was my first attempt at doing any of this so the pictures as you can see are very amature. But I was pleased with my effort and how happy my son was at everything.


Games:

I had two store bought games. A Power Rangers Pinata and a Pin the emblem on the Megazord game I purchased from Party City Online. Both were discounted due to the new Power Rangers Season with new Rangers are now out which was great! Best part about the Pinata was NO BAT NEEDED! Considering the party was indoors and did not want damage to my house, this one had strings to pull from and one opening the hatch at the bottom letting out all the candy. The kids loved the games! I found gift bags at AC Moore in all the Ranger colors for $.59 each. I scowered the internet and found a similar face shot of all the rangers and printed it out, glued it to a peice of black stock card and then glued it onto each corresponding colored bag. The kids used the bags to stash their candy in from the pinata and take home presents from the prop area.


Prop Area (aka Dress Up):

I combined a bunch of things on a small table in the foyer of my home. What was on it:
Samaurizers: Cut out cardboard box into a rectangle and folded it, pinching the fold line and even biting it to make sure the crease remained. Duct tape wrapped around the cut out box.  I printed out more pictures found from internet searches of the key pad and screen with Ranger Symbol on it and taped in to the inside of the Samurizer. Using Stock Card cut out rectangle strips of which ever color Ranger and taped to the outside of the Samurizer. Surrounding the stock card with black electrical tape to frame it out. As a final touch printed and cut out the Samauri emblem and taped to the outside front. (see below)


Swords: pack of 4 glow in the dark swords from Target ($2 I think for 4pk).
Masks: I put out 4 of the 6 rangers masks in a basket on the table for the kids to play with at will.
Samaurizer Discs: These were put out as props too, the kids put them on their swords and spun them around just like in the show. These I had tons of from the baracuda blade and Spin sword my sons already have but chose not to put out because there wasn't enough for all their cousins to play with.
Power Ranger Cards: Each Power Ranger, their symbol, Zord (sp?), and Disc in a collage found on line. Printed each out and glued onto stock card.

Overall the Party was a success and I am one beat Mama! Hope you can gain some inspiration from my party and expand on it.


4 comments:

  1. Hello Ginger,
    Great ideas for a Power Ranger party. My grandson wants one for this year and I am pleased with your pictures and ideas.
    Here in Germany there are not many things from Power Rangers, that's why I have to do many things themselves
    greetings from Germany
    Petra

    ReplyDelete

  2. entertainment is the part of life. if you want to enjoy your life. you need must enjoy it. we are provide you to chat in online, join with dance club, music, Hollywood Disco, TV how, bar and grill.
    Party ideas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. I loved your Prop Area. Can you please email me the print out for Power ranger cards and Samaurizers.? Id is reenu.reggie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly adorable Power Ranger Birthday Party. It is just so nice. You have done an amazing job. My brother also threw a huge party for his twins at the local convention center in Chicago. It was very adorable bash which was planned by an event organizer. Enjoyed every moment over there.

    ReplyDelete