Sunday, January 13, 2013

Girly Baseball Baby Shower

The first time my mother and I collaborated on planning an event was for my Sister In Law, Amy's, Baby Shower in 2009. I  just had my second child less then 2 months before this party and it still turned out great! Both my older brother and sister in law loved baseball. But how to make that girly.....

Both of the parents-to-be had baseball cards of themselves from youth baseball leagues (remember those, I still have mine too). We decided to make the colors pink and white. pink roses in small pink painted ceramic vases were part of the table decor and also the favors. Also on the table were white carnations in the shape of a circle with pink pipe cleaner shaped over the top to look like the threading of a baseball. Underneath the carnation baseballs was a peice of pink foam we cut out to the shape of a baseball glove outlined in black permanent marker for detail. Baseball in the glove, get it! haha.

 We printed stripes and a silouette of a pregnant woman with the saying "About to POP" onto card stock then cut and shaped them in the form of popcorn bags. Even took out my scrapbooking scissors to create the jagged edges of the bag.


The dessert was white cupcakes with pink lacing.
I wish I took more pictures of the shower and of the invitations that went out. This was from so long ago (over 3 years ago) I did not think to.

No comments:

Post a Comment