Sunday, January 13, 2013

Mickey Mouse Carnival Birthday Party

For my son Ben's 1st birthday party I wanted to do something creative and fun! He loved Mickey Mouse Clubhouse so the theme was a no brainer, but what else to do with it... I am not great at graphic art/design so I enlisted my mother to create the invitation. I told her I wanted it to look like a carnival/circus ticket and the theme was mickey mouse. What she came up with was AMAZING!
Throughout the party we had themed activities which included a mickey mouse moon bounce, slip-n-slide, baby pool, face painting and a bubble station.
For desserts I had made ice cream cone cupcakes with brightly colored icing on top (best part of this was even if i put too much batter into a cone and it runs down it looks like the "ice cream" is melting when you icing it), rice krisipie treats in the shapes of circles, triangles and squares on large craft sticks (mouse-ka-tools).
For the favors I used plain white and black tall gift bags from AC Moore and used a template of mickey mouses head, tracing it onto stock card for the front of the bag. Inside I stashed mouse ears from oriental trading, mickey mouse stickers, brightly colored noise makers and small bubbles. I had all the kids wear their mouse ears when we sang happy birthday to ben.

Thanks to my Sister in law Tiana for doing the facepainting and my Mother Sandy for creating the invitiations.

No comments:

Post a Comment